This course is designed to prepare students to take and pass the national Certified Bookkeeper examination in order to obtain the Certified Bookkeeper designation conferred by the American Institute of Professional Bookkeepers (AIPB). The course content will include adjustments and error correction, payroll and deprecation, inventory and internal controls.
- Record adjusting entries for accruals and deferrals.
- Identify accounting errors.
- Correct accounting errors.
- Perform a bank reconciliation.
- Calculate payroll and withholding.
- Demonstrate knowledge of payroll reporting requirements.
- Compute depreciation using various methods under GAAP.
- Compute depreciation for tax purposes.
- Calculate inventory valuations under FIFO, LIFO, average, and lower-of-cost-or-market methods.
- Record inventory purchases using perpetual and periodic methods.
- Demonstrate knowledge of internal control and fraud prevention.