Meets MnTC Goal Areas 5 and 7. This course covers the history of the United States during the 20th century. Topics covered include the Progressive Era, World War I, the Roaring 20s, the Great Depression, the New Deal, World War II, the Cold War, the Korean Conflict, scientific advancements of the 1950s and 1960s, the Civil Rights Movement, the Cuban missile crisis, the Vietnam War and Watergate.
- Summarize the events of the Progressive Era.
- Identify the major events of World War I.
- Describe the Roaring 20's.
- Explain the era of the Great Depression.
- Summarize World War II.
- Describe the events of the Cold War.
- Explain the civil rights movement.
- Identify the primary events of the Vietnam War.
- Summarize the Watergate scandal.
5. History and the Social and Behavioral Sciences
7. Human Diversity