Meets MnTC Goal Areas 6 and 8. This course is a survey of architecture, painting and sculpture and their historical and social contexts. Specific periods from prehistoric through the Middle Ages will be introduced.
- Recognize the evolutionary nature of art hisotry.
- Explore periods of art history, from Prehistoric through Pre-Renaissance.
- Identify the artistic and technical influences that various cultures have had on each other.
- Relate the impact and influence of social and historical events to the work of specific artists.
- Give examples of how art works are expressions of individual and human values within a historical and social context.
- Give examples of how art and artifacts have served as a record of history in addition to oral and written records.
- Research and report on one aspect of how historic and cultural changes have directly impacted art.
- Use accurate art vocabulary when discussing works of art.
- Identify works of art by title, time period and the artists who created them.
8. Global Perspective
6. The Humanities and Fine Arts