CARES Act Emergency Grants
The CARES Act approved recently by Congress makes it possible for Minnesota State Community and Technical College to award Emergency Grants to students who are affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. THESE GRANTS DO NOT HAVE TO BE REPAID.
While funding is limited, Minnesota State Community and Technical College encourages you to submit an application if you meet at least one of the criteria below. Be specific about the amount of money you are requesting and the expenses it would cover for you and any family members you care for.
You must be a current student at Minnesota State Community and Technical College and meet at least one of the following conditions in order to qualify for a grant:
- You have lost your job since Jan. 1, 2020
- You are currently unemployed
- You are caring for children or other family members and have been negatively impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic
- You have experienced additional costs due to the pandemic
- You have experienced other life situations that have caused additional stress
- You and the family members you care for do not have access to reliable transportation
- You and the family members you care for do not have access to quality health care and benefits
- You and the family members you care for do not have access to healthy food
- You do not have reliable, consistent and safe housing
- You are paying for childcare
If you have questions about applying for a CARES Act Emergency Grant, please contact Social Worker Tyler Strand at firstname.lastname@example.org or bookings.minnesota.edu/tyler-strand.
Emergency Grant applications are reviewed in the order they are received. Payments will be made directly to students via automatic deposit or a check mailed to the permanent address on file at the college. To verify your permanent address, contact the M State Support Center at 877.450.3322.