||This course is the study of algebraic concepts including identifying linear and nonlinear functions, solving equations, manipulating and graphing linear equations and inequalities in two variables, utilizing rules for exponents, performing operations on polynomials, factoring polynomials and solving equations using factoring.
||Math 0085 or appropriate placement test score
- Identify linear and nonlinear functions numerically, symbolically and graphically.
- Solve systems of linear equations.
- Utilize the rules of exponents including negative exponents.
- Perform addition, subtraction, multiplication and monomial division of polynomials.
- Factor the greatest common factor from a polynomial.
- Factor polynomials by grouping.
- Factor trinomials with a leading integer coefficient greater than or equal to one.
- Factor the difference of perfect squares, difference of cubes and sum of cubes.
- Solve equations using factoring and the zero-product rule.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines