||Meets MnTC Goal Area 6F. Art students will create an electronic portfolio of their work, write professional documents, explore ways to promote themselves as artists using the latest technology, research exhibition opportunities and explore and experience non-art-production professions/internships in the field of art.
- Record images of artwork using digital photography, scanning or other technologies.
- Generate an electronic portfolio reflecting the student's artistic development and growth.
- Identify and explore the methods and technologies professional artists use to promote their art work and careers.
- Use research and compostion skills to draft and modify an artist statement.
- Analyze existing proposal criteria and develop documents for use in an exhibition proposal.
- Explore and research exhibition opportunities.
- Examine and experience professions in the field of art that are not dependent on art production by completing 20 hours of internship at an arts organization.
|MnTC goal areas:
- 6. The Humanities and Fine Arts
« back to course outlines