Programs & Majors » Architectural Technology Back to program list »
Degrees Offered Click on a degree below to view details
Architectural Drafting and Design Associate in Applied Science (AAS)
Locations: Detroit Lakes
Architectural Drafting and Design - Associate in Applied Science (AAS) program at a glance
Students completing this program will be prepared to obtain employment with architectural and engineering firms, contractors and a variety of manufacturing and distributing companies related to the construction industry. Computer-aided drafting is an important tool for the construction industry and design professions and is an important part of the Architectural Technology program. This program teaches students the principles of residential and commercial building technology, as well as the drafting skills to apply them. Students also will be enrolled in general education courses selected to complement their technical education. This degree can allow students to continue their education in a number of baccalaureate programs at four-year institutions.
Meet the faculty
Instructor - Architectural Technology
- "The smaller class sizes allow us to learn hands on very easily." Second year architectural student
- "I have learned more in a year than I every expected to know." First year architectural student
- "Architectural Desktop makes designing a building a lot of fun." First year architectural student
- The Architectural Student Association provides an opportunity for students to work with clients.
- Service Learning projects allow students to provide design and drafting services to organizations.
- Field trips allow students to experience on-site construction as well as larger urban environments.
- Work in architectural and engineering offices throughout the United States.
- Learn modeling and animation in advanced electives. Turn your design idea into a movie!
- Learn to explore the World Wide Web and incorporate products from manufacturers into CAD files.
- Capture digital photos and learn to incorporate them into building models and animations.
- Tour the Twin Cities parade of homes as a class. View design trends from affordable to elaborate.
Last modified: April 23rd, 2014 at 03:39pm