Complete the FAFSA and return all completed required documents to your M State campus financial aid office. When all required documents are received and processed, you will receive an email notification that your award letter from M State is available online. You must enroll in a minimum of 6 credits during each term of the loan period.
Federal Direct Subsidized/Unsubsidized: To begin the loan application process, review your award letter at SpartanNet>E Services>Financial Aid>Loans. You will need to specify the amount you wish to borrow and will be required to complete the following prerequirements:
- Complete Entrance Counseling. Once you have completed loan entrance counseling, the school will be notified electronically that you have successfully completed it.
- Electronically sign your Master Promissory Note. When electronically signing the Master Promissory Note, please turn off pop-up blockers to enable successful completion.
Please have the following things ready when you complete your Master Promissory Note.
- Your Federal Student Aid ID (FSA ID)
- Your driver's license number
- Names and addresses of two personal references from two different households.
If you have problems electronically signing your Master Promissory Note for Direct Loans, assistance can be obtained at Direct Loan Applicant Services at 1-800-557-7394.
Parent Loan for Undergraduate Students (PLUS)
Student Educational Loan Fund (SELF)
- Parent will sign the electronic Master Promissory Note for PLUS Loan. Parent will need their FSA ID , driver's license number and names and addresses of two personal references from two different households. Once the credit check has been approved and M State has documentation that the parent has signed the Master Promissory Note, the loan will be disbursed following the schedule set by the college.
- Co-signer completes pre-approval process here.
- Student completes application and counseling here.
- Once the loan is approved, money will be applied to the student's college account.