||In this course, students will plan, design and create a professional portfolio using Web technologies. The purpose of the portfolio is to showcase the student's accomplishments in the student's major field and provide the student with a concrete representation of his or her skills and abilities. Other topics include resume creation, job interview preparation, job search strategies and the ability to explain and articulate portfolio samples.
|| WEBD2000 AND WEBD2020
- Summarize traits of high-quality Web portfolios.
- Produce a thorough portfolio inventory and evaluation.
- Produce professional-level portfolio samples.
- Create an online portfolio.
- Complete a portfolio presentation, providing articulate discussions on each piece.
- Critically analyze other students' work and communicate analyses during class critiques.
- Create a technical resume.
- Evaluate employment resources.
- Develop job search strategies.
- Demonstrate preparation to conduct a professional job interview.
- Exhibit organization, efficiency and professionalism in self-directed projects.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines