||This course focuses on the use of cascading style sheets (CSS) in the creation of Web pages. Students will create and utilize CSS to provide sophisticated page layout and design for Web pages and websites. The course emphasizes standards-based design with CSS and testing sites for maximum browser compatibility.
- Utilize standards-based Web page design with cascading style sheets.
- Format and manage fonts, text and images with CSS.
- Apply the box model concept through the use of margins, backgrounds, padding and borders to control the size and flow of page elements.
- Create and format buttons and navigation bars using CSS.
- Apply a variety of float-based layouts using responsive Web design techniques with CSS.
- Use position properties to place elements on the page.
- Create media style sheets for mobile devices, tablets, desktops and printers.
- Use and organize multiple style sheets to illustrate style inheritance and the "cascade."
- Test and validate CSS in several modern browsers.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines