||This course provides students with the animation tools required to create, manipulate and refine a computer-animated sequence. Building on traditional animation fundamentals of motion and timing, students will process modeled projects. The course expands on the basic uses of keyframing, timing curves, dope sheets and dependency graphs, as well as the use of Autodesk Maya.
|| VGAM1122 AND VGAM1133 AND MATH1114 AND INTD1117 AND ART1111 AND CSCI1120
- Manipulate the motion of a character using keyframe animation techniques.
- Explain hierarchical animation.
- Create logical light positions for an animation.
- Create logical camera positions for an animation.
- Refine a character's motion through timing.
- Refine a character's motion through analysis of the elements of motion.
- Utilize a dope sheet in animation.
- Utilize animation editor and action graphs in animation.
- Demonstrate how to create scene composition.
- Demonstrate how to create scene dramatization.
- Participate effectively in group critiques.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines