||This course provides students with an opportunity to develop the practical skills necessary to administer professional massage therapy treatments. In addition to performing massage treatments on the general public, students will also perform seated chair massage at scheduled on-site events as arranged by the instructor. This course provides students with an opportunity to develop the practical learned skills needed to work as a professional massage therapist.
|| THPY1110 AND Current cerified CPR/First Aid card holder
- Execute massage therapy on the general public.
- Execute seated chair massage.
- Schedule massage appointments.
- Launder linens properly.
- Demonstrate professional telephone etiquette.
- Demonstrate professional interpersonal skills with client and fellow students.
- Demonstrates admininistrative Subjective,Objective, Assessment, Plan (SOAP) documentation.
- Utilize time management practices.
- Increase therapist stamina and conditioning.
- Practice self care techniques.
- Identify student's physical and educational weaknesses.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines