||Meets MnTC Goal Areas 2 and 4. This course includes trigonometric functions, right triangle trigonometry, radian measure and circular functions, identities, equations, inverse functions, oblique triangles, complex numbers, vectors, polar coordinates and conic sections.
- Use the circular method to define trigonometric functions.
- Use the right triangle method to define trigonometric functions.
- Analyze the characteristics of trigonometric functions, their inverses and graphs.
- Solve trigonometric equations.
- Identify and prove trigonometric identities.
- Use trigonometric identities to evaluate functions and simplify expressions.
- Solve applications involving trigonometric concepts.
- Explore the Law of Cosines and the Law of Sines.
- Apply vector concepts to find solutions in the plane and in three dimensional space.
- Explore complex numbers and their trigonometric form.
- Analyze the characteristics of parabolas, ellipses, and hyperbolas.
- Explore polar coordinates, equations and their graphs.
|MnTC goal areas:
- (2) Critical Thinking
- (4) Mathematics/Logical Reasoning
« back to course outlines