||Meets MnTC Goal Areas 5 and 8. This course combines an on-campus component with a trip to Europe. During the on-campus portion of the course students will learn about major events in British and French history such as the French Revolution, the Napoleonic era, the War of the Roses and the reign of Henry VIII. After the on-campus component is completed, students embark on a 10-day trip to Paris and London, where they visit historical sites they studied during the on-campus portion of the course.
- Identify major works of art in the museums of both Paris and London.
- Summarize the events of the War of the Roses.
- Describe the era of the French Revolution.
- Analyze the policies of Napoleon.
- Explain England's break from the Catholic Church.
- Contrast French, British and American cultures.
- Explain how the international problems of the 19th century are manifested in current day Paris.
- Summarize the differences in public transportation used in Paris and London.
- Explain how domestic religious and political issues of the 16th century are represented in current day London.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines