||Meets MnTC Goal Areas 5 and 8. This course provides a discussion of the political, economic, cultural and social factors that have shaped the history of the Western world. Topics include the English Revolution, the Intellectual Revolution, the French Revolution and the Industrial Revolution.
- Explain the events that resulted in the English Revolution.
- Identify the major events of the era of the Glorious Revolution.
- Describe the major works of the Scientific Revolution.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the Enlightenment.
- Analyze the causes of the French Revolution.
- Summarize the major events of the French Revolution.
- Identify the major policies of Napoleon Bonaparte.
- Analyze the peace settlement of 1815.
- Describe the Industrial Revolution.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines