||Meets MnTC Goal Areas 6 and 8 and is taken in conjunction with Humanities 1120: Culture of Italy and includes travel abroad to Italy. The content of this course aligns with curriculum materials studied in the co-requisite course and will serve as a reinforcement of the Italian culture and provide an understanding of the integration of the arts within the culture.
- Demonstrate awareness of the scope and variety of art, literature, and music that focuses on political, economic, and cultural elements.
- Understand art, literature, and music as an expression of individual and cultural values within a world-wide context.
- Respond critically to the art, literature, and music studied by comparing and contrasting situations, attitudes, tone and changes on a global basis.
- Articulate an informed personal response to the works studied through analysis and discussion.
- Become familiar with terms and concepts necessary for the study of art, literature and music.
- Demonstrate knowledge of cultural, social, religious and linguistic differences.
- Understand works of art, literature and music as expressions of individual and human values within an historical and social context.
- Describe and analyze political, economic, and cultural elements which influence relations of states and societies in their historical and contemporary dimensions.
- Analyze specific international problems, illustrating the cultural, economic, and political differences that affect their solution.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines