||This course provides information relating to the features of design and operation of fire alarm systems, water-based fire suppression systems, special hazard fire suppression systems, water supply for fire protection and portable fire extinguishers.
- Explain the benefits of the fire protection systems in various types of structures.
- Describe the basic elements of a public water supply system including sources and distribution.
- Identify the different types and components of sprinkler, standpipe, and foam systems.
- Review residential and commercial sprinkler legislation.
- Identify the different types of non-water based fire suppression systems.
- Explain the basic components of a fire alarm system.
- Describe the hazards of smoke and list the four factors that can influence smoke movement in a building.
- Discuss the appropriate application of fire protection systems.
- Identify the different types of detectors and explain how they detect fire.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines