||This course covers the objectives of the Minnesota State Fire Chiefs Association (MNFCA) for certification as a Firefighter I and II. The MNFCA objectives are based on National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 1001 Standard for Fire Fighter Professional Qualifications. This will prepare the student to function at or above the minimum level of training for entry into a fire protection career field.
- Demonstrate basic search and rescue techniques.
- Demonstrate the safe operation of the self-contained breathing apparatus.
- Demonstrate the proper handling of hose lines during fire stream operation.
- Select the proper nozzle for the appropriate fire conditions.
- Operate different fire extinguishers safely.
- Operate different forcible entry tools safely.
- Maintain different forcible entry tools safely.
- Identify the proper procedures in conducting a pre-incident fire inspection.
- Identify the different types of sprinkler suppression systems and the proper inspections of them.
- Demonstrate the proper use of radio communications.
- Identify the proper us of ventilation techniques during fire operations.
- Identify the different components of a fire hydrant.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines