||The course covers hands-on application and continued practice of cooking fundamentals required to prepare a variety of soups, meats and poultry, starches, vegetables and sauces served in the cafe. This course also covers hands-on application of raw and cooked meat, poultry and fish cutting and processing for items prepared in the cafe.
- Demonstrate professionalism.
- Demonstrate proper sanitation and safety standards.
- Demonstrate proper equipment operation.
- Perform proper food storage.
- Fabricate, cut and slice beef, poultry and pork products.
- Fabricate and cut fish and shellfish.
- Prepare thick and thin soups.
- Prepare stocks and sauces.
- Prepare cooked vegetables.
- Prepare a variety of cooked starches such as grains, pasta and potatoes.
- Prepare meats, fish and poultry, applying basic culinary skills and techniques.
- Perfom proper mise en place.
- Calculate recipe yields and conversions.
- Perform proper measuring and weighing techniques.
- Follow proper recipe procedures and cooking methods.
- Evaluate proper utilization of leftovers.
- Determine future product needs.
- Evaluate completed food product.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines