||This course involves the study and performance of procedures necessary in the inspection and documentation of general construction of public works projects. Topics include inspector responsibilities, project management and aggregate base, concrete and bituminous inspection.
- Utilize industry terminology.
- Design inspection plan with adherence to corresponding specifications.
- Apply jursidictional requirements to design projects.
- Create a detail sheet and integrate into inspection project design documents.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards..
- Explain the use and management of construction documents, project management methods and contracts.
- Calculate and maintain quantity and volume records.
- Identify soil types and compaction methods as well as their applications at multiple construction sites.
- Demonstrate understanding of underground utility and road construction at multiple construction sites.
- Explain project contract activities to be completed during project closeout.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines