||This course explores career opportunities with children and investigates a variety of child development programs for children ages birth through 8. Students will examine job requirements, duties, regulations and personal characteristics of successful workers. In addition, this course will guide the student in obtaining skills needed to maintain a safe and healthy child development setting.
- Describe current issues impacting the early childhood profession.
- Review past and present influences in early childhood education.
- Examine early childhood careers and the career ladder.
- Understand the differences and similarities in all professions related to the early childhood education field.
- Examine developmentally appropriate health experiences.
- Demonstrate understanding of required safety practices for early childhood.
- Describe appropriate current nutrition practices and requirements of the appropriate age group.
- Display professionalism in both the classroom and lab site setting.
- Arrange a lab site along with assistance from the instructor.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines