||This course is designed to provide experience in constructing basic floor systems, wall frame systems, stairs and roof systems.
- Practice work safety.
- Identify building codes.
- Demonstrate efficient hand and power tool use.
- Install materials plumb, level, and square.
- Layout and install floor system.
- Apply subflooring to floor system.
- Determine the length of exterior and interior walls, locate window and door locations, and layout wall.
- Apply wall and roof sheathing according to IRC fastening practices.
- Determine from IRC code book proper header, floor joist, and girder sizes from span charts.
- Demonstrate the proper erection and dissassembly of scaffolding.
- Describe the safe use of ladders and scaffolding.
- Layout a common rafter.
- Erect a trussed roof system.
- Layout a stair carriage and frame a stairway
- Determine the rise and tread run of a stairway
- Identify different construction materials used for framing residential buildings.
- Identify different fasteners used for residential buildings.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines