||This course is designed to give the student an overview of the business and economic factors that sustain our American enterprise system. Topics included are economic systems and the foundations of American business, international business, fundamentals, management, forms of a business enterprise including franchises, human resources management, marketing and consumer behavior, accounting, securities markets and the ethical and social responsibilities of business.
- Demonstrate a better understanding of the American free enterprise system and its inner workings.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the background of elements and characteristics of business.
- Display an understanding of how a business operates in our modern political, social and economic environment.
- Demonstrate knowledge in human resource management.
- Demonstrate knowledge in operations management.
- Demonstrate knowledge in information management.
- Demonstrate knowledge in marketing: pricing, promotion, place and distribution.
- Demonstrate knowledge in accounting and the securities market.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines