||This is an introductory course surveying quality-related topics from both qualitative and quantitative points of view. The course is structured to address the quality system, the management system and the technical system approaches to quality planning and management. Topics related to people, leadership, application, implementation, data collection and analysis and quality standards are included in this course.
- Describe the need for continuous improvement of systems and processes.
- Analyze the various areas of non-value added activities (waste).
- Create measurement tools to quantify waste.
- Identify methods to improve flow and reduce waste.
- Create tools to reduce waste.
- Apply tools to reduce waste.
- Apply measurement tools to quantify waste.
- Select a system or process for improvement need.
- Create a plan to sustain project.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines