||Meets MnTC Goal Area 6F. This course will build on the skills developed in Ceramics I with emphasis on wheel throwing, glazing and firing techniques.
- View and research the work of other artists through exhibits, videos, books, or slides as seen in class.
- Experience the work of other artists in a gallery, exhibit or studio setting outside of class meetings.
- Expand application of hand building techniques.
- Create works that integrate more advanced technical and design skills. These may include thrown and altered, sectional pots, tea pots, or a series of functional works (sets).
- Create works that demonstrate skills in more advanced design and surface decoration.
- Explore sculptural design techniques.
- Mix a test glaze and fire test tiles to view results.
- Participate in class critiques, written and orally.
- Use accurate vocabulary in the use of ceramic media and techniques.
- Use studio materials and equipment in a safe and responsible manner.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines