The Minnesota Department of Education (MDE) Office of Indian Education is still actively seeking new applicants for the 2017-2018 academic year.
- To be eligible for consideration, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be an enrolled member of a Federally recognized tribe;
- Be accepted to or currently enrolled in an accredited community college, or four-year college or university within the State of Minnesota;
- Be pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree;
- Possess a minimum GPA of 2.0 for undergraduate applicants and 3.0 for graduate applicants.
Award amounts range from $500-$2,000 per term.
A complete list of applicant requirements can be obtained from the Indian Education page of the MDE website, by downloading the Undergraduate student application (attached). Required materials may also be obtained by contacting Kristen Aeikens in the Office of Indian Education: firstname.lastname@example.org or 651.582.8558.
Please see the attached announcement as well as the undergraduate and graduate applications. As noted in the subject line the scholarship application deadline has been extended until July 1, 2017.