The Detroit Lakes Area College Foundation scholarship application for the 2013-14 academic year is available below for students planning to attend the Detroit Lakes campus of M State.
Scholarship awards are for a minimum of $500 unless otherwise specified by the donor and are available for part-time and full-time students, first- and second-year students, veterans and others.
Students are considered for all scholarships for which they qualify. It is not necessary to complete a separate application for each scholarship.
· NEVER send money to get a scholarship. It is probably a scam.
· Do NOT give out your Social Security number or bank information.
· Participate in extracurricular activities.
· Follow the application directions.
· Make sure you are eligible under the requirements.
· Watch for due dates.
· It will take some work to get a scholarship, so don't get discouraged. The more you apply for, the better your chance of getting a scholarship.
· Have someone proofread your application.
· Applications should be neat and professional.
· Every little bit adds up - apply for even $50 scholarships.
· Make sure you send a thank you note immediately after receiving a scholarship.
Last modified: November 8th, 2011 at 07:49am